Monday, May 9, 2022

Full steam ahead!

Although I released a new book only a week ago, in order to fulfill my dream of writing full time, I must keep the momentum going and start work on the next book immediately. 

Well, I've done that. I started working on a new story within a day or so of releasing Born to be a Heroine, and I'm already in the fourth chapter! However, it's a slightly darker story than my previous books, and I began to think that it might be difficult to sell. Two characters have escaped from prolonged captivity in which they were very much abused -- and no, the abuse is never explicit. I don't think I could actually write such scenes with Austen characters. But as horrible things happen even to good people, I remember that I found myself some time ago wondering how certain characters would react if certain others had been the victim of assault. That's what I'm going to explore with this book -- how everyone around the victims reacts to their trauma, and how they overcome it once they begin to feel safe again. I want to explore how patience and love can heal a wounded soul. 

Still, now that I've had the thought that it might be too dark for some, I've had it in mind to try, for the first time, writing two books at the same time. A more light-hearted story idea from my ever-growing list will also be written while I am writing the first. If I can get them both finished about the same time, I may release them at the same time. We shall see -- I'm not committing to anything yet. But this will be a fun challenge, two write two books at once.

In other news, I am slowly but surely making time to format The Reintroduction of Fitzwilliam Darcy for print. I'm kind of mad at myself for not having it done by now. I usually make sure to release print versions alongside the ebook version, but for a reason I can't even begin to imagine, I just never did it for Reintroduction. Well, I do have an idea what might have thrown me off the track, but it's an experience I'm still trying to put behind me and not be bitter over.

In any case, wish me luck in my experiment of writing two books at once. I will keep you posted!

Oh, and on another note, I have found a way to create universal links for Amazon, so please check them out by visiting the My Books page and then clicking on the "I want my copy!" link underneath each description (if you've not already purchased a copy of one of my books). And enjoy your reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment