Monday, September 16, 2019

Book Review: "Wentworth's Bride"


This is the first sequel to Persuasion I have read. I was quite delighted with the adventurous story, and felt all the emotions that Anne and Frederick felt along the way. I did guess a few plotlines, but that's okay, it did not take away from my enjoyment of the story overall.

Now I dislike having to criticize, but as a writer myself, I feel it necessary to suggest that the author seek out an editor with skill. The book was enjoyable still, but being poorly formatted and rife with typographical errors did take away from the reading experience somewhat. If the author herself should read this, I hope you will not take my criticism too personally. I only ever hope to help fellow authors improve their craft. 3.5 out of 5 stars from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment