Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Book Review: "The Meyersons of Meryton"


I was quite intrigued by the inclusion of the Meyersons and all the explanations of Jewish life and faith. I had no idea there were quite so many Jews in England during the Regency and I was happy to learn of it. The storyline was well thought out and kept me entertained throughout. Loved this approach to telling a sequel, and especially that Mr. and Mrs. Bennet have learned to appreciate one another.

I also very much liked how Mrs. Bennet in particular was influenced by Mrs. Meyerson. She was still rather flighty and excitable at times, but through her burgeoning friendship with Mrs. Meyerson, Mrs Bennet was (finally!) able to learn and exercise some restraint. She even learned tolerance of differences, and stood up to her own sister, Mrs. Philips, at one point! Her joy at the point when Mr. Bennet decided to truly listen to her was easy to imagine.

4.5 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment