Thursday, January 20, 2022

So many feels...

My dear friends and readers... I do not think that I can truly convey just how excited I am right now (which is saying something for a lady who hopes soon to make her sole living with words). Check out these screencaps: 


Y'all, this is the best I have ever done with one of my books. Ever! Can you even imagine what it is like for an indie author like me, in an ever-growing and ever more competitive genre like JAFF? It's freaking incredible! It's like there are no words to be found for just how excited and enthusiastic and happy this makes me feel. And humbled. Truly, it is humbling and an honor to be so well thought of. It has definitely taken an army of readers who have either purchased the book or read it via Kindle Unlimited to get me so close to the top ten in a category. 

Speaking of sales, take a look at this: 

For the first time ever, I have sold 200 copies of a single title. FIRST. TIME. EVER!! And the month isn't over yet! I can scarcely imagine just how far A Promise of Forever will go in the next couple of weeks. It is so, so exciting to see numbers like this. And inspiring! My dear readers, it's all because of you that I have come so far with this book -- when you purchase it or read it through KU, and the numbers keep going up, it makes me so much more enthusiastic about my work and inspires me to keep on writing so that I can bring you another great story. This is true for every author -- the more you read our work, the more inspired we want to write.

One more thing before I go: 

Because of you, dear readers, last week I got what me and my fellow authors refer to as the "coveted orange ribbon" from Amazon. They usually say "#1 New Release" or "Best Seller", and as you can see, I got the first one. I was so freaking AMAZED to see that. Excited beyond measure. 

And thankful. I really am so very, very thankful to everyone who reads my work and chooses to give it a good rating. Who reads it again because they think it good enough for a second read. Who likes it so much they "highly recommend" it, or they tell their friends who also read JAFF. Spreading the word on a book you love brings more readers to an author's work, and again, it keeps that author inspired to write more of them. This is why ratings and reviews are so very important. And why we authors are so very thankful for our loyal readers. 

THANK YOU. Really, so many feels going on right now I can't even describe them.


No comments:

Post a Comment