Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Revitalization

It's been a long time ... again ... since I've been to the blog. Almost a year this time, though as before the extended absence was unintentional. 

The thing is, I have struggled a lot in the last couple of years -- with my job, my writing, and my health. Mental health issues, in fact, are the main antagonist to every battle I've fought. Stress aggravates more than one of the medical conditions I suffer from, not the least of which is depression. As anyone who has lived with depression knows, sometimes just getting out of bed every day is a victory. There have been days I got up, zombied through work, came home, and went right back to bed. 

The way my brain works, I'm writing in my head and coming up with ideas all the time, for both my professional and fan fiction writing. But the depression doesn't always allow motivation to actually work on a project to break through the fog. I can go weeks, even months, without writing a single word, and then without much warning, I get suddenly seized with the need to work on a project. It might be a fan fiction story, it might be my JAFF work... I can never be sure what project will grab hold of me next. All I know is that when I am fired up to work on something, I have to take advantage of it and ride the wave as long as it lasts, because just as quickly as it starts it can just as suddenly come to a crashing halt.

Now, all that said... The good news is that I have lately gotten back to work on my second What Might Have Been book, and actually have it finished! The Kindle edition has been formatted and is awaiting a second read-through before formatting for print, and I've scheduled it for publication on May 5th. IN fact, it's already available for pre-order.

Along with that, I am going to do my very best to start posting here more often. Probably not every day, but I'll try for at least once a week. I am hoping this renewed zeal for working on the series will last a lot longer than it has in the past -- I should like very much to get another book written, hopefully before the end of this year. It's time not only to revitalize the blog but my writing as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment