Sunday, September 1, 2019

Book Review: "Being Mrs. Bennet"


This is a book I have been wanting to read from the moment I read a teaser on another blog (regrettably, I forget which). Although the "girl gets transported into book world" has been done many a time, to success and failure, this time around was different. Instead of becoming Elizabeth or even Jane, as other authors have done, the main character became Mrs. Bennet! 

I thought it was a great idea! Loved that Ms. Adams went outside the box, and had Alison -- the heroine -- decide to try and fix Mrs. Bennet's faults, to take more charge of her family, even if she feared what the consequences to the original story might be. There are some hilariously delightful moments, angsty moments, and even emotional moments. I was at first confused by why Alison did not recognize herself or her family when she became Mrs. Bennet, as is usually done in such stories (the real family and friends usually portray characters in the book world), but as I read further, I began to understand why she did it differently. 

Really, once I got started reading, I did not want to stop, and I read it in one sitting over the course of several hours. I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment